WILLIE SAYS . . .

WILLIE SAYS . . .
THE BREWERS? I'D RATHER SIT HOME & EAT CHIPS!

Friday, April 18, 2008

TALES OF THE KATZS - EPISODE 1

And now it's time for our new weekly segment

ONE FAMILY....

2 OWNERS.....

THEY WILL STOP.....

THEY WILL NOT REST.....

UNTIL EVERY PLAYER PRODUCES.....

OR THEIR REPLACEMENT DOES.....

DON'T UNPACK YOUR BAGS.....

IT'S ANOTHER EXCITING EPISODE OF.....


TALES OF THE KATZS!!!

You know, before I started writing this - I asked Alan to send me a photo of him and Ben. Then I remembered that, due to his Music, Alan's photo is probably on the net. Sure enough - BOOM - this came up on the 1st page of searches. That's pretty cool. You wanna see what comes up on the image search for Charles Garnar.

????????

Who the hell are these people?

I gotta get Facebook or something

At least it wasn't a big fat guy.

Anyway, I'm not sure who it was, but one of our new owners asked when coming into the league ... 'Is it an active league...You know....one where they make a lot of trades?". The answer was "Oh yes ... especially this one owner...who's son also has a team....they tend to make a move or two.....EVERY HOUR!". Anyone who thought our new open bidding system was gonna slow down the Dynamic Duo of Deals was sadly mistaken. So, not even in to 2 weeks of our season and here is the recap.


(1) Alan and Ben pulled off a trade - within 24 hours of the draft involving - Michael "The" Bourn "Identity" as well as both putting 2009 draft picks. Mind you
(a) Ben was on a plane and had his dad draft his team and
(b) Most of us were still trying to figure out who the hell we just took in the 2008 minor league draft ("Who did I take .... I thought he was dead!".)

(2) Alan picks Ben's injury replacements...which Ben then changes.

(3) Week 1 - Alan dumps Mark Buerhle (seen here smooching manager Ozzie Guillen - WTF!!??!!)

(4) Week 2 - Alan then claims Mark Buerhle off waivers (no truth to the rumor than Buerhle smooched Alan when he was back on the team).

Ben has also dumped or tried to dump a few players as well though there is no evidence that he will attempt to claim them back off waivers this upcoming week.

So here's my big question. Just when did this trade go down between father and son? Dinner that night? Oh no! Sources close to the commissioner's office say that a 4-thousand dollar phone call was placed via air-phone to finalize this deal within 5 minutes after I hit the can and left Alan's house draft day. Actually, now that I think about it ... I drank alot of Grape Juice that day. I think this deal went down while I was in the bathroom. Who'd have thunk while I was trying not to get any urine on the floor and deciding which were the guest towels and which were not - a deal of mega proportions was underway. Had I just zipped up a little faster, I would have been there to witness the fastest trade in the Willie Randolph Memorial League History.

So ... What's in store next week for the Family that Will NOT STAND PAT??!!


TUNE IN NEXT TIME.....

FOR ANOTHER EXCITING EPISODE OF .....

TALES OF THE KATZS!!!

No comments: